Friday, April 02, 2010

There’s a real threat on my life – Sata

There’s a real threat on my life – Sata
By Patson Chilemba
Fri 02 Apr. 2010, 04:02 CAT

THERE is a real threat on my life, Patriotic Front (PF) president Michael Sata (right) charged yesterday. In an interview, Sata said those in government were trying by all means to eliminate him because he was a very big threat to their hold on power.

“As I have said, there is a real threat on my life. I am aware there is a real threat on my life. I have to be extremely careful. They would like to fake an accident, that Michael Sata has died in an accident. So this one I am very much aware, that is why you find everybody can jump up and speak. People are just talking. Anyhow, they are so scared,” he said.

Sata said even yesterday's “fools-day rumour” that he had died was just a tip of an iceberg of the intentions by those in government to eliminate him.

“They are doing everything; they go to the chief in hospital, now they say because 'Sata is quiet, you didn't write what he said in Monze'… I am at home. It is MMD spreading death rumours. Who else? All this because of the Mufumbwe and Milanzi by-elections,” Sata said.

“You remember even in 2008 presidential by-election when I was in Katete, they said 'Michael Sata has died in South Africa'. But then they said 'no, no, no he has not died in South Africa, he has been hospitalised'. Then they said 'no, no, no, he has been evacuated'. Tell them I am not dead. You see they have been trying to use the Constitution, use the law, use everything, and they have failed.”

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home