Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rupiah won’t manage to break me, says Kambwili

Rupiah won’t manage to break me, says Kambwili
By Zumani Katasefa in Kitwe
Sat 24 Apr. 2010, 03:20 CAT

ROAN member of parliament Chishimba Kambwili has said President Rupiah Banda’s government will not manage to break him. Kambwili vowed to continue speaking for his constituents without fear.

In an interview from his hospital bed at Ndola Central Hospital where he is admitted, Kambwili alleged that there were political manoeuvres by the MMD government to try and eliminate him.

“The jail sentence will not break me, they sent me to prison when they knew I had a peculiar condition, I suffer from Bp and sugar. I know all their manoeuvres,” he said.

Kambwili said he had learnt a political lesson while in prison and a lot of inmates were subjected to inhuman conditions.

“I have seen how children aged 11 who are supposed to be in grade three or four are forced to share cells with hard-core criminals in prison. They suffer in terms of food. It is a political lesson. If Jesus Christ suffered and died for us, who am I not to suffer for the people of my constituency?” Kambwili asked.

He said the MMD government under President Rupiah Banda had been targeting him for a long time but their mission would not yield anything.

“I am not in politics for any gains. I want to speak for the people of Roan Constituency and no one will silence me,” he said. “President Banda also went through the same imprisonment during the UNIP government, we don’t know what the future holds and what you do, always speak. We must move away from these politics of stupidity.”

Kambwili said it was sad for information minister Lieutenant General Ronnie Shikapwasha to think that he was faking his sickness while he was in jail.

“Shikapwasha should grow up, he thinks like my two-year-old child. He is so scared of me. How can I fake my sickness?” Kambwili wondered. “Honestly how can he say that? He is a fake reverend. This is why the Bible says that many are called but few are chosen, and you will know the real followers of Jesus Christ through their works.”

On Thursday, the Luanshya magistrate court granted Kambwili K2 million bail with three working sureties who should be civil servants in senior positions.

This follows Kambwili’s decision to appeal his 15-day sentence slapped on him for breaching the peace by the Luanshya magistrates’ court.

Meanwhile, three PF youths were detained by Luanshya police on Thursday after a confrontation with police who were trying to disperse them from the court premises.

PF provincial vice youth chairman Elias Kamanga confirmed the detention of Agrey Tembo, Osman Mumba and Evans Mulenga, all of Luanshya’s Mpatamato.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home